Maruti Suzuki launched Ertiga in April 2012 & it quickly became one of the most popular cars in the Multi-Purpose Vehicles (MPV) segment in India. Cars like Honda BR-V, Toyota Innova Crysta and the recently launched Mahindra Marazzo populate this segment. Now comes the New Ertiga 2018.
The vehicle still sells 4000+ units per month on an average and has sold over 4.18 lac units till now. However, it was high time for an upgrade seeing that the competition has its sights set for the top. And that’s what Maruti Suzuki is giving us with The New Next Gen Ertiga 2018 launched in October.
They unveiled the New Ertiga 2018 in Indonesia earlier and launched it in select ASEAN markets. This led to car experts testing the car out before it hits Indian streets.
So, let’s take a look at what this machine has to offer.
The NEXT-Gen Ertiga 2018 -Engine, Interiors, Exteriors, Safety features:
New Ertiga 2018 is Bigger and It Looks Better …The NEXT-Gen Ertiga is longer, wider, taller and offers more space and comfort with aspirational styling. It promises to be a stylish 7-seater car that will suit new-age customers’ lifestyle. The New Ertiga is 100mm longer and 40mm wider than the previous model. The wheelbase of 2,740mm remains the same. They have increased the boot space by 18-litres.
This model poses a more muscular & upright look with the bonnet sitting higher similar to an SUV. They conceptualized it on Suzuki’s acclaimed 5th Generation Heartect platform which employs high tensile steel on all the right parts to enhance overall safety. Thus it ensures maximum rigidity, effective crash absorption, and NVH performance. It also gives a bigger cabin with more legroom for the second & third seating rows than the older version. This is the same platform that the Swift, Dzire and Baleno cars are based on.
Let’s Talk About the Engine of New Ertiga 2018…
The NEXT-Gen Ertiga will be available in K15B Smart Hybrid Petrol with a1.5-litre, four-cylinder Engine that is 88cc larger than the outgoing model. It generates a maximum power of 105bhp @ 6000 rpm with a Torque of 138nm @ 4400 rpm. They engineered the all-new K15 Petrol Engine of new Ertiga to deliver remarkable performance while ensuring a pleasurable driving experience for all.
This engine will come with a 6-speed Manual transmission as well as a 4-speed Automatic transmission for effortless driving in city traffic.
The DDiS 200 Smart Hybrid Diesel engine is a 1.3-litre diesel, a four-cylinder engine which has been developed in-house by Maruti Suzuki. This engine will deliver a maximum power of 90bhp @ 4000 rpm with a Torque of 200nm @ 1750 rpm as compared to the 88.5bhp delivered by the earlier version.
The new engine will come with a 5-speed Manual transmission.
The Exteriors of New Ertiga 2018…
The most striking difference in The New Ertiga 2018 compared to the previous version are the dynamic & impressive character lines. These lines impart a strong personality & offer a strong road presence. It features a strong shoulder which offers bold character to the side profile of the car. The floating rooftop design gives the new Ertiga a distinct and sporty appearance with enhanced styling. A shiny new set of 15-inch alloy wheels add to it.
- It boasts of a newly designed chrome studded front grille to accentuate the style quotient. The Large Fog Lamp housing complements the front grille thus offering a bold front design. The new Ertiga 2018 car features L-shaped LED headlights & Projector Headlamps with chrome highlights again adding to the sleek and elegant front design.
- The 3D tail lamps with LED provide better illumination. It also gives a distinct look and accentuates the stylish rear of The New Ertiga. The higher variants come with Backdoor chrome garnish. This provides elegance and enhanced width giving it premium styling at the rear.
All in all, it looks classy as hell.
The Interiors of New Ertiga 2018…
- While these features might pique your interest, the insides are even better and plush. With faux wood panelling, the sculpted dashboard offers unique styling & gives a sense of strength.
- The instrument cluster flaunts a MID, Multi-Information Display with coloured TFT. Also a floating 17.8cms touchscreen entertainment system with support for both Apple Car Play and Android Auto. The Smartplay Infotainment system in The New Ertiga ensures all time connectivity. The Audio system comes with electrostatic touch buttons.
- Few simple but convenient new additions to The NEXT-Gen Ertiga are 3rd Row seats with Recliner & 50:50 split. The 3rd-row occupants can adjust their seat position as per convenience and have flexible and comfortable storage space. There are accessory sockets in all rows so passengers can easily charge phones in all rows. And also the automatic climate control which maintains cabin temperature automatically.
- Other exciting Interior features include Engine Start / Stop push and air-cooled twin cup holders. It also comes with height adjustable driver seat and sliding armrest with utility box.
New Ertiga 2018 is Greener and Safer…The New Ertiga feature Suzuki’s Smart Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS). The features like Idle Start-Stop, Brake Energy & Torque assist function further improve fuel efficiency and make the New Ertiga 2018 a greener vehicle.
- As we saw earlier, the new Ertiga is based on the HEARTECT platform with improved rigidity. This enhances safety during a crash.
- There are dual airbags in all the variants with Front seatbelt Pre Tensioner & Force limiter. They compliment airbags operations during an impact by optimizing seat belt effectiveness.
- It comes with ABS + EBD and brake assist. This prevents wheel lockup during hard braking thus maintaining directional control.
- The NEXT-Gen Ertiga comes with Electronic Stability Programme. This prevents the vehicle from going out of control during sudden manoeuvres.
- A new feature added to Ertiga is Hill Hold Assist function that keeps a car from rolling backwards. This increases the safety when stopped on an incline.
- The NEXT-Gen Ertiga is fixed with High-speed alert. The alert is audible warning beeps that prompt & helps in maintaining minimum highway speed limits. It’s set to the tune of 2 beeps for speed above 80 km/hr. & continuous beeps for speed above 120 km/hr.
- There is an added safety feature to put your mind at ease. It is the ISOFIX seat with provision to mount child seat enhancing safety for Infants.
- Other safety features include Keyless entry, Tilt Steering, Front Fog Lamps and Adjustable Headrest in all rows. It also comes with Rear Parking Sensors in all variants, Rear defogger, Wiper & Washer.
Also Read: HISTORY OF MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT
How Much Does New Ertiga 2018 Cost…Maruti Suzuki always keeps their cars affordable and lighter on pockets compared to cars in the similar segment. There will be a price jump considering the more powerful engine & host of upgrades compared to the first Ertiga.
The economic pricing combined with the wealth of features and upgrades makes The NEXT-Gen Ertiga a car to buy in 2018.
Shivam Autozone is an authorized Maruti Suzuki dealership. You can get a free doorstep test- drive of all the Maruti cars. Come and experience the new level of excitement with the New Ertiga 2018 at Shivam Autozone Arena showrooms. Also, if you wish to get your car evaluated our True Value Experts would be glad to assist you with an evaluation. We offer the best price for your pre-owned car compared to the market.